Great news Slack users — you can now turn ideas, comments, and brainstorms in your Slack channel into Stormboard sticky notes!
Never miss anything happening in your Storms again!
Integrate your Stormboard account with Slack to receive instant notifications when any changes are made in your Storms — everything that you would normally see on your Dashboard when you log in is now a part of your team’s daily process.
The notifications you will receive can be customized and include:
- If a new idea is added to a Storm
- When an idea is changed or moved
- Any comments or replies on your sticky notes
- If you are mentioned in an idea or comment
- When you are invited to a Storm
- When a task is assigned or completed
- If someone joins a Storm that you created
Contribute to Storms via Slack
You can now turn the ideas that you share with your team in Slack into sticky notes in your Storms! You can also create new Storms, ask for help, and set a default Storm for an hour (so all ideas contributed go to that Storm automatically) all from your Slack channel.
Invite your team to your new Storm via Slack
Do you want to invite someone on your Slack team to your Storm? No problem!
Simply type “/addstorm” in any channel which will invite everyone in that channel to join your new Storm — no need to send invites separately!
How the integration works
To add the Stormboard-bot to Slack, either go to the Slack App Store or click on the “Connect To Slack” button located on the bottom, left-hand side of your Stormboard Dashboard.
Once you have connected Stormboard and Slack, the “Stormboard-bot” will appear in Slack under “Apps” beneath your Direct Messages. All of your notifications will be found there.
To turn notifications on or off:
- Login to your Stormboard account (pictured above).
- Go to your account notifications.
- Add a checkmark beside the notifications that you would like to be turned on.
Is there something else that you want the Stormboard-bot to do? Let us know here.
Not using Stormboard yet to make your meetings better? Sign up for a FREE account now!
—Story by Lindsay Shapka
—Top image created by Katemangostar – Freepik.com