The internet is full of articles, lists and studies about what you need to do to accomplish your goals. Everyone is trying to get you to do more, better. How nice of us.
Stormboard is no exception, which is why we have put together a few templates and processes to help you reach goals. We think the following study is really interesting, because it shows improvement in the amount accomplished not only when you write things down, but when you share them with a friend as well. Stormboard is great for that, because you can invite people into your storms with a few clicks.
The study, conducted at Dominican University, separated participants into 5 groups and gave them the following tasks:
- Participants in Group 1 were simply asked to think about their goals.
- Group 2 was asked to write down their goals.
- Group 3 was asked to write down their goals and action steps for accomplishing them.
- Group 4 was asked to do the same as Group 3, and then send the information to a friend to keep them accountable.
- Group 5 also sent their goals and action steps to a friend and were required to send weekly progress reports to the friend.
At the end of the 4 week study Group 4 participants had accomplished 33% more and Group 5 had accomplished 42% more of their goals than Group 1.
We want you to have this information because we want you to achieve your goals. Stormboard is a perfect tool for writing down your goals and plans, so we’ve created a series of templates to help you get started. Just follow these 6 steps to take advantage of them:
- Go to yourStormboard home page and click the Create a Storm button.
- Select the Goal Setting and Productivity category from the Storm Template dropdown menu.
- Select the template that jumps out at you most. We recommend theTurn Goals into Daily Habits template. If the template isn’t working for you,you can change it at any time.
- Write down your thoughts and goals and then create a plan for accomplishing them!
- Share your storm with a friend that you can trust to keep you on track and to provide feedback. (Do the same for them!)
- Visit your goal storm every day (or once a week at the least) to keep yourself on track.